Friday, February 2, 2007

La Cité Swallows the Sparrow.

I.
Today walking down Saint-Laurent I came across a burst fire hydrant. This was peculiar for two reasons: It's Febuary in Montréal (cold) and no one seemed to even notice it. A lone city worker stood about ten feet away from it like a sleepy sentry, but nothing about his demeanor said that he was going to do anything about it. Meanwhile the streets were flooding and freezing over while pedestrians just skipped and hopped over the puddles swirling around their ankles. Perhaps it was for a reason, clearing freezing pipes or something. But now all I can think about is how I wish I could have taken a picture.

II.
I'm going to see the band Thundrah tonight, which I am particularly exited for. Upon seeing them live a couple months ago, I decided they were the type of band I could go see every weekend and still find myself exited about it. Unfortunately, in reality, they, being the mysterious types that they are, don't play very often. They sound like Liars caught up in the 90's math rock movement. But with delayed-ayed-ayed-ayed-ayed vocals. Possibly my favourite band out of Montréal right now.

III.
Today's Mix:
edIT - Ants
Venetian Snares - Szerencsétlen
Panda Bear - Comfy In Nautica
Thundrah - Weighing and Wanting
Konono No. 1 - Lufuala Ndgonga

No comments: