Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Everything passes. Nobody gets anything for keeps. And that's how we've got to live.

I.
I went exploring today. Even though I'm still relatively new to Montreal, most of my stay here has been spent indoors, so everything seems new to me. From Deciduous rooflines to the tragedy laden steps of Dawson, determined wind pushed me to the alien end of St. Catherine. The only familiarity was the sound of traffic in the rain. It suddenly became apparent just how far away from home I was and I was overcome with this overwhemling feeling of transience. I've got three months left with these streets, I thought, and they're not warming up to me yet.

II.
This album sounds particularly great on headphones, but careful not to get them wet everybody. It's still raining.


Christian Fennesz & Ryuichi Sakamoto - Cendre

No comments: